Empire Perry Lakes Apartments, Floreat
Finalist in The Property Council's 2019 Innovation & Excellence Awards.
Located in the Perry Lakes Estate in Floreat, in the heart of Perth’s prestigious western suburbs, Empire Apartments offers a total of 123 luxurious one, two and three-bedroom apartments set in beautifully landscaped gardens.
Once the home of international sporting events, Perry Lakes Estate is being transformed into a world-class residential precinct – one surrounded by blue chip homes and parkland, and in close proximity to state of the art sporting facilities, unique entertainment venues and some of WA’s best beaches, as well as an array of shopping and dining options. It sold out in 2019.
Built across two stages, Empire East and Empire West, Empire Apartments delivers industry-leading social and environmental sustainability features including:
- Natural cross ventilation to the majority of apartments
- Extensive roof-mounted photovoltaic arrays
- Ramp or lift access capability for mobility-impaired residents and visitors to all apartments and residents’ common areas
- Adaptable housing for universal access in accordance with best practice
- Louvred screens for air conditioning and mechanical plant, reducing impact on private external areas and streetscapes
- Streetfront façades designed to promote both passive surveillance and activity in accordance with Liveable Neighbourhoods principles
- Sliding louvred screens to apartments to provide both privacy and shade
- Designed and landscaped residents gardens featuring a bespoke 6-metre sculpture commissioned from internationally-renowned Australian artist Greg Johns
- Water-wise planting and sub-soil irrigation to gardens
- A unique refurbishment of the original Empire and Commonwealth Games scoreboard building to deliver WA’s only installed BIPV curtain-wall facade – a German-manufactured innovation containing fully-integrated photo-voltaic cells to harness solar energy and power common areas